Thursday, November 17, 2011

Stuff and Nonsense


I plan to spend my weekend with this bad boy, or a reasonable likeness of him as I try to lay it on a canvas once and for all. I'm tired of thinking about birds and rocks. Time to exorcise that particular demon. Acrylic in moleskine.

Here are a couple of mediocre and pretty silly sketches from the last week or so.



Trying to draw people. NOT my strength by any means. Poor girl has a chin for days, but I like her foot ok.


Ink and watercolor in watercolor sketchbook


Ok, another trial tonight. A little bit better but still disappointing. You know what really stinks? My sister took up sketching like a month ago and is a hundred times better at drawing faces than I am. Clearly I need some professional help. I think a figure drawing class is in order. Or at least a little more practice. Mechanical pencil in moleskine.

No comments:

Post a Comment