Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Evolution of an Elephant







This is (I think) the finished version of my elephant painting. Truth be told I may tweak it several times in the next few months as nerves about showing it in public begin to sit in. 

Thought I would show the painting in stages just to demonstrate how terrifying the beginning and clumsy stages can be. 



















Ewww! At this point I tell myself I should not be allowed to spend money on art supplies or even hold a brush.


















Oh, his little eye is looking at me and he begs me not to give up. I think he may be a baby elephant but I'm not sure.






















He is progressing along. This photo was taken at night and looks more blue than gray. That bring up the issue of light and demonstrates the difficulty of sometimes painting in natural light and sometimes at night in poor light. 














And viola! Done! Well I skipped a few days in between because I got tired of uploading pictures, so... We're done. I think. Now I need to learn how to photograph artwork. Anyone out there have any ideas on how to that? Please keep in mind that though I love the IDEA of being a photographer I don't actually  TAKE pictures or own anything other than a point and shoot camera that may or may not have batteries at any given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment