Monday, March 21, 2011

...and more Sea Creatures...


So yesterday I says to myself, let's draw a fish skeleton. WORST IDEA EVER. Still, once you get invested into a drawing so time draining, you have to forge on. I used a picture from The Anatomy of the Sea by Dr. David Ponsonby and Professor Georges Dussart. I regret to say my study is not very faithful to their careful work. And then to add insult to injury I decided it would be a good idea to float some color over the drawing. Oh and hey, how about some spots. Poor, poor fish to be mocked so. But he was a stoic chap, never complained at all. Maybe he was a clown fish. At any rate, he is now.

Although the process was brutal I keep thinking that surely a bird skeleton couldn't be too much more difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment