Tuesday, November 5, 2013

What's Been Going On?

   



  Well, What HAS been going on? A lot, but there isn't much to show for it. I'm taking three studio classes, beginning painting, beginning ceramics, and beginning sculpture. None of these classes feels like a beginner classe. Learning lots, working lots. 
     
     This is my first ever oil painting. A still-life (obviously) using only black and white paint. No pre-sketch, just diving in.









    

  This is the first color oil painting. Same still life, different angle. It's pretty lame but I promise I've gotten better since then.

    I have four LARGE paintings rotating on the easels at school. Large for me anyway. The smallest is 3' x 4'. 














Some of the handiest things I've learned this semester is how to build and stretch canvases and how to build frames for artwork. So cool. Now I can make any size I want.














Here is Sister helping me gesso the canvases and another small one we found in the closet. She knows I'm used to having Gus' help on all outdoor projects and she does her best to fill his shoes.















I also finished this about two weeks ago for the sweet grandbaby we are expecting mid-December. This was so much fun. I've missed quilting. This is the first quilt I've made in probably 7 or 8 years. Lots of work but nice. The border is from the fabric in her crib bedding. So sweet!








I have a couple of sculptures I wouldn't mind posting but I need to take a photo or two. I'll try to do that this week. Meanwhile... if you'd like to check it out I made a website... michelletaff.com  I have a couple of the sculptures up on the site and a few of the watercolors from this summer's class. Not a lot on there yet. It's time consuming and time is a precious commodity these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment