Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A sore throat and a sneak peek

This is what I worked on this weekend. I don't mind telling you I'm less than thrilled with the progress thus far. Needless to say this was way more gorgeous in my mind. I saw the Luna moths as more luminescent. Plenty of work left to do, lots of chances to make it better. But I've had a sore throat all weekend and haven't been all that motivated. At all.

Carsen, in his astute and less than subtle way, said the bottom one was the worst.  O-kaayyy. I probably don't need to explain but it's only blocked out with a color I had leftover from another project. Chill out Car and have some faith in what (I hope) is yet to come. Hard to tell but the background is sort of purple-y. Also please ignore that greenish spot where I didn't clear the canvas as I reached over to reload my brush. This is fixable.

I did some final touch-ups on the octopus and am either satisfied with it or sick of it. Thought I'd include it's evolution as well, because I like to see other people's work in each of their stages so...

Hope to get back to some fun, non-goal-oriented, plain ole sketching soon. I also want to reread all of the Jane Austen novels, and organize the closet in the guest room (scary), and quilt all the quilt tops that are stacked on the shelf in my craft room closet but those may all be lofty goals.








Have an awesome week, friends. BE awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment