Saturday, August 27, 2011

Supermodels and Fashion Shows





I guess I'm thinking ravens this week. This particular raven actually. I drew it twice, once on a piece of watercolor paper and once in my watercolor sketchbook at lunch yesterday. And seriously, I think if I drew it once more I could get it right. Slight flare-up of my latent OCD tendencies. 

Here is the second version. I didn't quite plan out the placement well but we're going to keep it real here.
















Both drawings are prismacolor pen on a watercolor background. Not surprisingly, the pen I used, which was brand spanking new, is now out of ink. That's a lot on lines folks.














Here's another critter I'm jazzed about these days . A quick watercolor sketch in my watercolor sketchbook.  

Kind of a compromising pose, but I chose it to study the interesting characteristics of elk. They have light-colored butts. It's just a fact, folks. 

Hey, you know this and the raven have something in common. Both are throwing that over-the-shoulder, come hither look. Just like supermodels.










Lastly, a couple of sketches from last week (or is it the week before last?), in my clothes and closet moleskine. These were extremely fun although tedious and time-consuming. Love the idea of capturing a day in time. At least what I wore. I love clothes and tend to remember what everyone was wearing when recalling a story or special memory. Only makes sense to document it.  Expect to see more of these. Ballpoint pen & colored pencil in cream-colored moleskine 

No comments:

Post a Comment