Sunday, March 13, 2011

How do you like those...marbles?





Ok, so this is what I've done for most of my weekend. Several of the nights during the week as well. It's amazing how calm and peaceful you can feel sitting hunched over a paintbrush for hours on end. I've thought many, many grand thoughts and I've thought nothing at all. I've listened to music and prayed and thought about every person in my life. Lucky thing about this hobby. You don't get great legs like you do when you play tennis but you can get reacquainted with yourself and that is a GOOD thing.

So, no new sketches. Just this old thing. Mind you, it's not finished (two marbles haven't even been started) and I've had A LOT of frustrating moments. But I just walk away and go watch an episode of Deadliest Warrior or something with Carsen and eventually I wander back into my room and go about trying to fix whatever looks so wrong. Funny thing, I've started to think of each of these marbles as different character traits. Did I mention I've spent a lot of time alone locked up in my room?


Shout out to Pop for helping me hang a shelf (feel free to read that as doing all the work while I stood beside him him holding out the screws). That alone inspired me to start organizing the "studio" again and I managed to clear out enough room for Carsen to sit at the counter and work on his screenplay while I painted tonight and we listened to his new Reliant K cd. Spending time with your kid gathering your marbles = nice evening. Really nice. I highly recommend it.

Here's hoping this peaceful feeling lasts all week. And for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment